In this post, you will read about the best Z wave ceiling fan modules and the benefits that they offer to the users. We have researched 4 months and after putting in all this effort, we have witnessed that GE Z-Wave Plus is the best Z wave ceiling fan module. It feels quite irritating when you have to get while being in your comfortable bed to increase or decrease the speed of the fan. All this effort is not needed if a wireless fan control has been installed. The GE-Z wave plus is a pure blessing as you can increase or decrease the speed of your room fan without getting up. Here are some quality features which make it the best Z wave ceiling fan module.
GE-Z wave plus Smart Fan Speed Control (Our Best Choice)
- Apart from controlling a fan wirelessly, the GE-Z wave plus can be controlled through voice controls as well. This is done through the virtual assistant ALEXA. To use this feature, you need to get an ALEXA compatible hub installed.
- The best feature of this Z wave ceiling fan module is that it can be controlled from anywhere. You can control the fan wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Usually, people have the perception that fan controlling devices are hard to install and an electronic expert is required for this purpose. This is certainly not the case with this Z wave ceiling fan module. This fan module can be replaced with your conventional switch through simple screws.
Schedule your fan events
Technology has advanced a lot and the GE-Z Wave Plus is a much-related example. Using this device, you can schedule your fan events. For instance, if you want to keep the fan switched off from 1 to 2 in the afternoon, you can make this preference a part of your schedule. The fan speed would increase or decrease according to the preferences stored by the user. Similarly, you can control the store settings to keep the fan on or off according to your suitability. The user does not have to be present in the room where the fan has been installed. Settings can be controlled wirelessly from anywhere.
For Remote Access, you need to make sure that the installation has been done properly. After that, you need to pair your smartphone/tablet with it. Here are the steps that you need to follow to pair the GE-Z wave plus z wave ceiling fan module.
A fan consumes a certain amount of electrical energy when it is being used. As compared to the standard fan control, a Z wave ceiling fan modules consume less energy. Talking about saving energy, wifi sprinklers also come to my mind. Another part of an automated home.
The installation process
As it is mentioned above that you do not need an expert to install this fan module. You can easily do it yourself by following the simple short steps given below.
- First of all, you should turn the power off so that the installation can be done safely without any electrocution incidents. To start with, unscrew the wall plate. After that, you would see the existing switch connected with three wires to the main line. These three wires are for a line, load, and ground. The neutral wire has a separate connection slot. Before you unscrew the wires, it is better to label them. For instance, the line wire is mostly a bare copper wire and very easy to identify.
- Once you have labeled the wires, unscrew them and remove the existing standard switch. Now, you need to connect the GZ- wave ceiling module to the main line. On the device, you would see four connection slots for a line, load, ground and neutral respectively. The neutral connection slot is a green colored screw so you can easily identify it. Now, connect the line, load and ground wires to their respective slots.
- For connecting the neutral wire, you have to connect the connection lot with the wire terminal provided for this purpose. This wire terminal would have a white colored wire. Simply use a piece of wire to establish the neutral connection.
- In the last step, simply put the wall plate back again. You should be careful when pushing the wires inside. Ensure that no wires peep through from the sides of the wall plate as it can result in electric shocks.
The pairing process for GE-Z wave ceiling module
For controlling this wave ceiling module wirelessly, you need to pair it properly. Here are the steps which you need to go through to complete the pairing process.
- To start with, you should have a networking hub that this wave ceiling module supports. Some of the hubs supported include Iris, Pulse, and Vera. Consider that you are using IRIS for pairing.
- If you are pairing your smartphone with this module, open the IRIS app for the smartphone and browse for the device. Select the GE-Z module from the list of available device.
- After an approximate times span of 2 to 3 seconds, you would hear 3 constant beeps from the hub. This is a confirmation indicating that the wave ceiling module has been connected with your smartphone. Now, you can change your location and test the controls easily.
The world is evolving and homes are becoming more and more automated. From robotic cleaners to home wifi systems and now these Smart fan and lighting controls are definitely a technological innovation and are extremely helpful for people who are away from home mostly. However, it is important to pick a quality product. In accordance with our detailed research, GE-Z wave ceiling module is better than all other alternative options available online.
If you buy this product, there is no need to go through the hassle of calling for a professional electrician and spending extra money. You can install the device yourself by following simple instructions. Similarly, the pairing process is very simple and you can pair the device with your smartphone/tablet by going through a few short steps.
The GE-Z wave ceiling fan module is an ideal option for people who are away from home and wish to control their fan. While being away, you can set your customized fan schedules. For instance, if you want the fan to turn off or become faster after one house, you can do it simply by using your smartphone. This device is economical in terms of energy and helps you cut down on electricity bills. In an overall manner, it is the best wireless ceiling fan module that you can get your hands on.